Phillip - the hipster monster with wings!


Just a quick blog….

I’ve sold my first handmade item! Wow, does that ever feel good to say!


I started sewing last October, and since then I have taken a quilting class and made a lap quilt, crafted about ten market bags, six makeup cases, one scarf, a doll from a pattern and now….. I’ve actually sold something! YAHOO!

I didn’t set out to make any money off of these creations. To be honest, it was one of those things I’ve always wanted to master, and in the last year, I have found myself with all kinds of time on my hands, so I figured, there’s no time like the present!



Every new project I’ve taken on, I chose because of the challenge (market bag for the pinning, makeup bag for the zipper, and the scarf for the hand sewing). And originally thought that I could use more work on my hand sewing and I was really starting to get the knack of the ladder-stitch, so I set off making something that was so ugly, you had to call it cute! Making a stuffed toy has many challenges, but the trickiest so far is the patience you have to have to create a product you are proud of in the end. It’s time consuming and left-brain heavy, but in the end, totally fulfilling – and tough to let go of!


Check it out and let me know what you think!
~ M




This blog was featured on Sundae Scoop




0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo